On April 29, a COVID-19 drive-through testing site will open in Lake Nona through a partnership between the UCF College of Medicine, Aventus Health and Tavistock.
The testing is by appointment only for people across the community. Patients must have a test order from a physician. Testing is covered by insurance. Those without insurance can get a free test through federal assistance.
View this post on Instagram
The drive-thru #COVID19 testing site at the UCF Lake Nona Cancer Center is now open. If you are interested in being tested, you will need a test order from a physician and an appointment with the site. 𝗨𝗖𝗙 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗹𝘁𝗵 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗨𝗖𝗙 𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗼𝘆𝗲𝗲𝘀: Call UCF Health (407-266-3627). 𝗜𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗼𝗻’𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗿: Call Aventus Health (855-282-4860 or 407-986-0133).
Appointments will be available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday in the parking lot behind UCF Lake Nona Cancer Center, 6400 Sanger Road, Orlando FL 32827. Appointments may end before 5 if the 250 daily appointments are filled earlier.
Public health officials stay that more widespread testing is key in getting our community, state and nation back to “normal.” Screening those who show symptoms allows us to identify and treat those who are ill, identify those they came in contact with and tell them they must isolate to stop further spread.
COVID-19 symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
If you wish to be tested, follow these steps:
- If you have an order for a test from your healthcare provider: Call Aventus Health directly to schedule a testing appointment: 407-986-0133.
- If you are a patient at UCF Health — the College of Medicine’s physician practice — or are a UCF employee: Contact UCF Health to obtain an order for a test by calling: 407-266-3627
- If you do not have a provider or need to speak to a physician about getting a test: Get in touch with Aventus Health directly by calling: 855-282-4860 or 407-986-0133.
After the patient has been screened by a provider, Aventus will reach out to complete all necessary paperwork, including insurance coverage and schedule an appointment for testing. Upon arrival during a scheduled time, individuals will drive through and receive the testing with a swab designated specifically for them. Following the 10-minute test, they’ll receive results in 24 to 48 hours.
The College of Medicine site is the second UCF drive-through testing location. COVID-19 testing continues on the main campus in Garage A.
For more information, please visit https://AventusHealth.com.
- Raising Cane’s Chicken Explores Future Location in Lake Nona area - April 20, 2021
- NEW SPRINGHILL SUITES OPENS IN LAKE NONA ON BOGGY CREEK ROAD - April 16, 2021
- Pho Haven Opens this Week in Lake Nona area - April 13, 2021